Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Still here...

And the weight loss adventures continue - - finally! I never thought I would be one of "those" people who joins a gym and works out, but guess what? I've done just that. Our little town has a little fitness center and with very little encouragement I was persuaded to get a membership and begin a regular workout regimen. For me, the most amazing part is that I'm actually enjoying it! Of course, it helps that I have a couple of friends to work out with, because I know how I am - and if I were trying to do this alone.... Well, let's just say it wouldn't be happening!

This week I started the "Couch to 5K" program, and whoa! It's a killer! At least for a wimp like me. I try to work out every M,W & F and this program is laid out for weekly training. So, I'm going to stretch each week out into 2 weeks. Basically, for the next 2 weeks I will do 25 minutes of this: 5 minute warm up  and then alternating with - 90 seconds walking - 60 seconds jogging. You try it, if you're not already a runner, and tell me just how easy it is for you! I'm also combining this with regular weight lifting and elliptical machine time.

I did have this great sense of satisfaction when I was done with my workout this morning. Like maybe this will actually make a difference, and maybe I will see results! So far, after a month of going to the gym, I've gained 2 pounds and lost 3.5 inches. Now I just want the scale to start it's downward spiral!! AND I need to not get on the scale every day - that can be way too discouraging!

No comments: