Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Day 30 - Success!!!

I can't believe I actually made my goal - - 30 consecutive days with 30 minutes of exercise per day! I did it!! My little old exercise bike is being used regularly, my abs are loving pilates (so is my back!) and my legs are getting stronger. Before I do anything else - here are the results of my challenge.

30 days ago, I weighed and measured myself:
  • Weight: 225 pounds
  • Waist: 44 inches
  • Thighs: left 29 inches & right 29 inches
Today, these are my results:
  • Weight: 219 pounds
  • Waist: 42.5 inches
  • Thighs: left 28.5 inches & right 28.5 inches
I lost 6 pounds and 2.5 inches!!! I was really nervous holding that measuring tape. I was so afraid that there wouldn't be any change and then I would have to get discouraged, but NO! I'm actually seeing results! I measured my waist 5 times because I couldn't believe I was doing it right. But I was, in fact, to get it to measure 44 inches, I had to really stick my stomach out. I'm so happy!!! Honestly, I'm amazed that such a small change is making a difference. Sometimes I felt like my 30 minutes of exercise wasn't much - especially when all I did was pilates, leg lifts and push-ups - but obviously it's working and I'm going to continue doing it. This has been a permanent life-style change for me. Woohoo!!!!

Now, I'm so excited to reward myself. That haircut is going to feel like the best one ever, simply because I had to work for it and I was successful. It feels so good.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Awesome Job!!!

Kendra said...

Congrats and great job!

Miller Moments said...

Great job! Found you via the Nestwork and am your newest follower.