Pages

Monday, May 10, 2010

And So It Begins....

Finally! My own official weight-loss blog! I've been thinking about this for a while and since today is rainy and my daughter is taking a nap - what better time to start, than right now.

Weight has not always been a struggle for me. I didn't even give it a second thought when I was in high school, and even when I gained the "freshman fifteen" in bible school, I still wasn't concerned. I was 5'9" 155 and a size 10. Then, I got married. I think it was the pill that started it. I gained 25 pounds in the first 3 years - yikes!! Then I went off the pill for various reasons, including the awful weight gain. I tried a natural diet pill with ephedra in it, and was able to lose it all within a year. But then, I went off that pill and let's just say, "The proof is in the pudding." And what a pudding it has been! 75 pounds have been gained in 11 years. It disgusts me to think that I've done this to myself. And for the past number of years I've let that disgust rule me. NO MORE!

That is why I'm starting this blog. I no longer want a discouraging voice in my head - I want an encouraging one!! These are my goals for this blog:
  1. To daily encourage myself and others to eat right and live healthy.
  2. To be real and honest about the struggles involved in doing the above!
  3. To have others share their struggles and victories, so we can all be encouraged.
  4. Honestly, I want to lose weight - and I'm hoping that this blog will help me find and keep my willpower to do just that.
  5. Weekly weigh-in.
  6. Contests. Who doesn't love a little incentive?

As I think of more goals, I'll add them. #4 really should be my #1, because that's really what I want! At the beginning of April, I weighed in at a hefty 230 lbs and a size 18/20. As of May 10, I'm at 218. That's been very encouraging to me, and makes me want to find my 155 again - AND I really want to lose my double chin!

Join me in this journey, because it's always easier with a friend!

No comments: