Did you know that our bodies require sleep for a reason? In fact, here are 5 really good reasons to get at least 7-8 hours of sleep each night:
- Learning and memory: Sleep helps the brain commit new information to memory.
- Metabolism and weight: Chronic sleep deprivation may cause weight gain!Ouch!
- Safety: Sleep loss contributes to a greater tendency to fall asleep during the day.
- Mood: Sleep loss may result in irritability, impatience, inability to concentrate, and moodiness. Hmmm....
- Disease: Sleep deprivation alters immune function, including the activity of the body’s killer cells. Keeping up with sleep may also help fight cancer.