Pages

Friday, May 14, 2010

Exercise - Yeah, right...

I need to confess - I really don't like to exercise. Knowing that I have to do it, just makes it worse. So I keep trying to come up with creative ways to get exercise without really calling it exercise. Did that make any sense at all?

The bike in my living room has helped, because I can ride while watching tv. Here are some other things I do while watching tv (which, I must confess, I enjoy too much):
  • Leg Lifts - they're way more fun when you're watching your favorite tv show
  • Leg Presses - I lay on my back with my knees to my chest and have my daughter lay on my feet and lift her up - she loves it!
  • Pilates - once you learn the basics, you can do this anywhere!
  • Jumping Jacks
  • Walking/running in place
For some reason, I am much more faithful at doing these things when I'm not following a dvd. I'm sure it's all in my head, but hey! Whatever works, right?! You don't have to sit on your butt the entire time you're watching a show.

With spring here, I love being outdoors, and that means all kinds of exercise - mowing lawn, gardening, weeding, swimming (soon!), walking, riding bike and so much more. Sure, these things don't burn as many calories as a full-on one hour workout, but they get the job done! Especially if you keep your food intake sensible! That's the topic for tomorrow...

Enjoy your Friday!

No comments: