Pages

Friday, May 21, 2010

Eat. Think. Drink.

Eating without thinking about it. How many people do that? I've realized that I do it a LOT! For some reason, this week was especially bad. Maybe it was my weekly challenge to only eat 1 serving size without seconds, I don't know. In spite of all the temptations, I did really well. But like I said, I was made quite aware of my ability to just stick something in my mouth without even thinking about it.

So, I've come up with at least one way to avoid doing this and in turn over-eating. I keep a glass of water on the kitchen counter, when it gets emptied, I refill it. This way when I walk into the kitchen, the first thing I do is drink the water (and refill the glass) and then try to figure out why I walked into the kitchen in the first place. I must say, this has worked well for me this week. It's also helped me to drink plenty of water!

Now, the weekend is upon us. I used to approach the weekend as my "free weekend". Meaning that I could eat or drink whatever I wanted. However, I'm finding myself approaching it a bit differently now. I'm not on a diet, this is a change in my eating habits. So the weekend is no different from every other day of the week. Surprisingly, that doesn't make me feel bad at all. I know that if we go out to eat, I'll be good and not overeat. Plain and simple.

Enjoy the weekend. It's supposed to be warm and sunny here, so I'm thinking there won't be much time spent on the computer. Woohoo!!

No comments: