Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My Scale is Broken...

So I'm needing a pep talk. It's just been one of those weeks and the last thing I feel like doing is working on weight loss. I know that Wednesday is supposed to be my weight-down day, but I don't want to go near that scale - so I'm pretending it's broken. Then I don't have to feel guilty. Yesterday I ate too much. Today I haven't eaten enough. Maybe tomorrow will be better, we'll see.

I can't be the only one who goes through these rough stages. I want to be outside, not sitting at my computer letting the world know that I'm fat. But, if I'm honest with myself, I know that ultimately this is what helps me stay on track - keeps me from going off the deep end. This is my "weight watchers" - literally - because people are watching me try to lose weight.

I wish I had an encouraging word for today, but I'm going to have to dig pretty deep to find it. I guess I'll just say that it's important to not let yourself get discouraged. And if you do get discouraged, don't go out and do something stupid - like eat a whole bag of chips or something like that. Which I haven't done, thank goodness! Because then I'd have to 'fess up and that would be horrible!!

So, even though my scale is "broken" today, I will smile and drink my water and eat my salad and be thankful that I'm on the right track to a healthier me. After all, not every day can be perfect.

1 comment:

Annika said...

praying for you today! chin up my friend, its hard work, but YOU can do it!! Go for a walk, take a swim, get moving, sweat a little and it will help you feel better :)