I feel like I need to write a little about how stress and even slight depression effected me. First, I totally started gaining weight. (Remember when my scale was "broken"?) Even though I wasn't eating more, I ate junk and with everything that was going on and my total lack of motivation - I gained. Plus, I wasn't sleeping well at all. I'm convinced that the stress just added to my health problem, making it worse! When I started this blog, my hope was that if a situation like this came up, that I would use this as an outlet to help me stay on track. What I found is that it was more depressing for me to try to come up with upbeat and motivational things to write. What I should have done, is wrote exactly how I was feeling and what I was going through. Obviously, I didn't do that. I guess you could say I failed, or, as I prefer to say, I've learned from this experience and will move forward with this knowledge!
So, what did I learn?
- That my body doesn't like stress and won't respond well to it at all.
- I don't sleep well when stressed/depressed.
- To keep fresh fruits and veggies in the house and not bake stuff that's bad for me - because I will eat it!
- I need to talk/write about it. Every time I spoke with someone about it, which wasn't very often, I felt better. No more pretending...
- To make myself get up off the couch and away from the computer and move! Get outside!
- To always trust that God is in control!